Time Outs and Relegation

Okay, I have been a bit more bogged down with elections, registration cards, and visa applications than I expected so I will take an official "time out" from blogging for a week to catch up on life.

I will leave you with a *new* idea I have come to embrace while living in Europe: Relegation. The idea is that the shitty professional teams are moved down into lower leagues where they can "improve" while the better lower league teams are bumped up into the big leagues. There are many arguments supporting this system but I think it's fair to say the organizers (owners) of American sports don't want to see their monopoly vanish. Everyone knows the Los Angeles Lakers but no one gives a shit about the Los Angeles Clippers for example (because they suck and their owner uses them as an investment.)

But don't take my word for it, check out the following link which has an awesome video of an English football fan watching his team beat Man U to avoid relegation.

Go West Ham!

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

0 comments:

Post a Comment