Ogród Krasińskich


Okay, I am back in business here and not only am I over my election hangover but I also have a new computer. Now editing and posting pictures will be lightning fast! Anyway, we are going to continue our tour of Warsaw with a look at some my photos from a self-guided Jewish walking tour my wife and I went on during the summer.


Warsaw, as I said, if full of history and was actually one of the main Jewish cities outside of Jerusalem prior to World War II. There are many important WWII sites around the Jewish Ghetto and you can find many self-guided walking tours on-line.


The tour I found started in Ogród Krasińskich which is not actually a Jewish site but simply a public park that runs along the boarder of the Jewish Ghetto. It's a 17th century park that now hosts the National Lilbrary and Supreme Court bildings, the National Archaeological Museum, the Monument of Heroes of Monte Cassino, and the Remembrance of Soldiers of the Chrobry Simonsa battalion memorial (shown here).

Monday, November 10, 2008

0 comments:

Post a Comment