DW Zachodnia


I ride the trains and busses everywhere in Warsaw. To work, to the store, to the movies, everywhere. On average I guess I spend about 20 to 30 hours per week on one. Sometimes they are nice and clean and on time, sometimes they are not. But, we don't have a car so I really don't have any other option.


I do, however, get to experience many funny and strang things riding on the trains. I have already told you about Gary Busey but there have been many other wierd things as well. One time I saw a guy get caught in the closing doors of the metro. He was a few steps in front of me and we were both running to get into the train before it left. As he jumped into the car the doors closed catching him in mid-jump. Suspended in mid-air, he came crashing to the ground as the doors opend again and landed flat on his back with one leg stuck between the train and the platform. His friend, who had made the jump safely, doubled over in laughter but eventually helped his poor buddy to his feet. Everyone else in the car tried to control themselves which was a feat considering I wanted to shit myself it was so funny!


These pictures show Zachodnia train station. The top is looking towards downtown and the Palace of Culture and Science (Pałac Kultury i Nauki) while the second is towards our village of Piastów. The thrid is an example of the beautiful women one can find in Poland.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

0 comments:

Post a Comment