Tatra Mountains




My girlfriend and I spent a wonderful week in the Polish Tatra Mountains back in July and I would like to share some of our photos. We took over 300 photos so I will unfortunately only be able to show a small portion of them. Once I am back in America I will have a large photo album with all of the better photos so hit me up if you want to see more. These photos show my girlfriend and I at different places along our hikes through the mountains. Top left and right: Kondracka Przełęcz near Giewont. Bottom left: Strążyska Dolina. Bottom right: Czarny Staw pod Rysami.

The Tatra Mountans are located in the southern area of Poland along the Slovakia-Poland border. There have been people in the area for hundreds of years but it has only been a hot Polish tourist destination for the past seventy or so. The tallest peak (on the Polish side) is only about 2500m (8200ft) which, compaired to the Alps, is not enough to draw many international tourists.

Here is a site that provides some background information about the geography of the Tatras here. Another great site is 360 Panorama. They have great 360 panoramic photos of the Tatras as well as other Polish/Eastern European places. You might have to click on the British flag to get English but it should work right away.


Tuesday, August 21, 2007

0 comments:

Post a Comment