Unsolicited Software Plug


Although I have a nice fisheye lens it is sometimes necessary to stitch together a few images. Previously I have been doing it manually using GIMP, my preferred image manipulation program. It took a bit of work and I could make some acceptable panoramic images but no matter how much I tried I could never get it just right. The above as a prime example.


Then a colleague of mine turned me onto Hugin. This is an absolutely fabulous panoramic stitching program. It has built in settings for a number of lenses and effects plus is simple enough to figure out. I have only used the most basic of functionality but the results are fantastic. Using the same source pictures and maybe three clicks of the mouse this picture is the result.

Monday, July 04, 2011

0 comments:

Post a Comment