World Famous San Diego Zoo


Sorry I have been such a lazy SOB, I will try to be better in the future. As a consolation I have made some long overdue updates to the site including a nice new photo of myself on the About Us page. I have also set up a Destination Guide as a directory by location (by arbitrary 'lable' actually) of my photos.

So, back to our trip. As you can tell from the title and the photo above we visited the San Diego Zoo next. It is about fourty minutes drive from my sister's house and she and one of my nephews went with us.



The best thing about the zoo, in addition to the conservation and research they do, is the way the animal exhibits are set up. It seems that little expense has been spared and each exhibit looks like a real jungle, desert, or other natural habitat. Above we can see the hyena exhibit which has an African savannah look going. Anyway, the hyenas looks more or less happy and this one took an interest in the tour bus, another fantastic feature of the zoo, and one of the smelly tourists aboard in particular.

Below we can see some photos of the many species of birds present at the park. Like the hyena exhibit the bird aviaries and open bird ponds have a very natural feel to them. Some birds, like the peacock shown here, are allowed to wander the park at will.


Monday, May 05, 2008

0 comments:

Post a Comment