Meet the Fockers


One of the main points of our trip was for my girlfriend to meet my family. A big step in most relationships, in our's it was quite overwhelming considering my girlfriend's family consists of about seven people, her included, while in mine there are over sixty people. She only met about half of my family but all in the first four days of our trip. Naturally the first person she met was my father, who met us at the airport. Then, a bit later that day, my mother and my brother's family (who we stayed with). Then, that evening, my step-mom and two of my step-sisters with their children. So, we had been in the country for about six hours and already she had met eleven people.

On Friday we went to a BBQ at my step-grand parents home where she met an additional twenty people or so. Not only was there family but also long time family friends as well as some of my step-sister's in-laws. The picture above left is from their house. From left to right we have my girlfriend, my father with one grand child on his lap, and me with another grand child on my lap. The picture on the right shows my girlfriend with my niece and thier new dog Dylan.


Dylan didn't like me very much at the beginning but eventually he came around. We played fetch, I fed him treats, we played tug-of-war, all that stuff. But as we can see in this picture the first few days he was a bit leery of my presence in the house.


In addition to all of my family we also met with many of my friends. The photo above left shows my girlfriend chatting with three of my friends at another BBQ on Saturday. For all of you Polish girls out there that handsome bald guy second from left is available and will travel! And finally on Sunday, Easter, we met with my mother's family, an additional twenty or so people. The picture on the right is from that event and shows my sister and her family talking with my girlfriend.


Friday, April 18, 2008

0 comments:

Post a Comment