Easter Sunday


Easter Sunday was spent with my family. First we had a small bite to eat at my brother's house with his in-laws and some friends. Then, after a short drive, we had a second Easter at my aunt and uncle's house. There was more family for my girlfriend to meet (my mother's family this time) and some traditional American Easter activities. There was the normal meal (which is less traditional and extensive than the usual Polish Easter feast) plus Easter Egg things. We started with an Easter Egg Hunt in the back and front yards of the house. Normally this is reserved for the "children" of the family but a special concession was made because it was my girlfriend's first hunt - she and I both participated against the younger generation. These two pictures show all of us after the hunt demonstrating our juggling skills.


Apparently the Polish are professional Easter Egg hunters because my girlfriend tied for first place her very first time! This picture shows her opening her prize.


After the Easter Egg Hunt we then had an egg painting competition. We each painted one wooden egg and then everyone voted on their favorite. The photo on the left shows my girlfriend and sister working diligently on their eggs. The right hand photo is my skillfully painted and patriotic egg. He is a period egg set in the American frontier complete with a coonskin cap. Dispite all this my egg did not even place in the competition. There must have been a conspiracy against my 'Eggy Crocket' egg.


Friday, April 25, 2008

4 comments:

  1. noelle said...

    clearly the competition was rigged.

    April 25, 2008  

  2. Ruben M Garnica said...

    lol - I have mad egg painting skills!

    ;)

    April 26, 2008  

  3. Marci and Morgan said...

    Yeah, how did ANYONE beat Eggy Crocket? NO way! Life's just not fair.

    April 30, 2008  

  4. Ruben M Garnica said...

    :)

    May 03, 2008  

Post a Comment