Pardon the Delay


I must apologize for the delay in posting more photographs, I have been recovering from the Polish holiday season. As some of you may have read below Christmas, and indeed most holidays in Poland, can be different than those in other countries. For example, in conservative America most people would try to tell you that alcohol is not a part of Christmas. This is not true but you might have to look in the motorhome parked in the driveway where the boys were forced to sleep while all the girls were comfortable in the house. Er, but thats just what I have heard, I have no epxerience with that...

Another thing I have no experience with is the Polish tradition of drinking a shit-load of Vodka for each and every holiday. In the anonymous photo above you can see two unknown individuals partaking in such a tradition. Their identities have been withheld to protect the innocent. You can see, however, the cleverly placed Vodka bottle behind the juice and the not so cleverly place extra-large shot glasses, all highlighted in red. You can also see some really warm Ugg boots that were imported from America - thanks guys.

As I said above I am feeling much better now so the posting will continue at a normal rate again (there are not more holidays until April!). :)

Saturday, January 05, 2008

6 comments:

  1. noelle said...

    i do believe you have experience with motorhome happy hour, but that is just what i heard too...

    January 09, 2008  

  2. Ruben M Garnica said...

    I plead the fifth...

    January 12, 2008  

  3. Anonymous said...

    I guess I missed the quantum leap stretch from...drinking is part of the Christmas holiday season to boys being "forced" to sleeping in a motorhome and the girls comfortably inside? Was this at gunpoint or something? I have seen some motorhomes much nicer than homes. Would it have made you feel better if the girls were out there? Was it not heated or something? Snow outside? No power?

    January 15, 2008  

  4. Ruben M Garnica said...

    Well, anonymous, without knowing who you are and how much of my story you know this could be a difficult question to answer. Basically it was an inside family joke associated with my step-family and some of the Christmases we had. There were no guns and the motorhome was 'nice' but it was outside of the house which we, the boys, were not too excited about. Especially because there was plenty of room in the house on the floor.

    January 16, 2008  

  5. Anonymous said...

    Drinking during Christmas, Easter or any other Christian holiday is a big no-no in any decent Polish family.

    May 29, 2011  

  6. Ruben M Garnica said...

    Blogger Ruben M Garnica said...

    Really? That's odd because every Polish family I knew when I lived in Poland was decent yet enjoyed sipping Polish Vodka.

    But hey, thanks for passing judgment on people you've never met in a post from what, like five years ago.

    May 29, 2011  

Post a Comment