Jozin z Bazin



Without a doubt this video has made my trip to Poland worth it. A student of mine told me about this video, which is currently making the rounds as spam and is really popular. It is the original video of a comedy group named Ivan Mladek (I think) from the Czech Republic when it was still part of the Soviet Union - 1978 as the video says at the end. My student also said this was very typical of Soviet era productions with the talking heads and little else. Pretty funny.

Here are the lyrics in English:

I drive Skoda 100 to camp here on Orawa
So I hurry, take a risk - go through Morawa
The monster lives there, comes out of the bog
Eats mostly Prague citizen, its name is Jozin (Joseph)

Chorus: Jozin from the bog creeps through swamp
Jozin from the bog closes to the village
Jozin from the bog edges its teeth
Jozin from the bog bites, strangles
To defend Jozin from the bog, who could imagine, only works a plane with manure (white powder)

I was driving through the village on road to Vizowice
The village mayor greeted me, said to me during drinking Sliwowica
'The one who will bring Jozin dead or alive
gets my daughter and a half of National Agrarian Farm

Chorus

I said: 'give me a plane and powder, mayor,
I'll bring you Jozin, I see no trouble about that',
Mayor helped me, in the morning I went up in the sky
The powder from the plane prettily fell on Jozin.

Chorus

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    Bloody Hell, an amazing jacket!!!! They are a bit like the Bonzo Dog Do Dah Band.

    January 17, 2008  

  2. Ruben M Garnica said...

    Skelly! Where ya been man? This video cracks me up. Everyone looked bad in the 70's eh' Even the Communists!

    January 18, 2008  

  3. Unknown said...

    As gejus

    April 08, 2014  

Post a Comment