Bosco!



Bosco! This boat was fantastic. Another friend from work was intersted in getting into sailing so he thought he would buy an inexpensive boat and give it a go. The boat he selected was Bosco. It wasn't very fast nor was it very beautiful but he had a blast racing it none the less. I remember during one of the Beer Can Races he got the jump on the rest of the fleet by pulling off some super right-of-way maneuver (I don't remember the name). The result was that the rest of the fleet had to hold at the starting line as he raced past everyone pulling into an early lead. Unfortunately Bosco was out gunned and didn't end up winning but the maneuver was the talk of the banquet that night!



Here are a few shots of Boscos' owner getting a few last minute instructions prior to the Queen Mary Regatta. We ran the spinnaker and he was the man in charge. It is a bit complicated but he managed without a problem.



He also took over at the helm for part of the trip as well. All in all sailing was a great experience and I hope I get the opportunity to do it again. Maybe someday I can actually own my own boat but it sounded like it was fairly expensive, especially the slip rental costs, so maybe not. But if any of my old sailing buddies are reading this my girlfriend and I will be back in SoCal next March/April and if you guys were going out sailing...


Friday, December 07, 2007

0 comments:

Post a Comment