"Are you cast or crew?"

Before we move on to the Queen Mary race photos I thought I would share pictures of our captain and crew. As I said we were all working for Northrop Grumman (NGST) at the time (although I no longer work there now).



First up is our captain and the owner of the boat although I don't have a better photo of him ready yet. He is the guy in the background, behind our first mate. He had owned My Crystal for a few years when we raced a few years back and was quite active in the RB Yatch Club. In fact, after the race season, I believe he became one of the club presidents or vice-presidents or something.



Next we have the lovely woman of our crew. She worked in the same department at NGST as our captain.



Here is our first mate, a sailboat owner himself. His boat is a bit different though, he owns a 35 foot (~11m) catamaran. We went to Catalina Island with him and while the sailing was great the trip was a bit of a disaster.



Finally, one of the whole gang. Again our captain is behind the mast but hey, you can see his hands. The quote in the title of this post is from one of my favorite Robin Williams movies, Club Paradise. In an interview he said it was his worst movie but I think its really funny. Anyway...

Thursday, November 15, 2007

0 comments:

Post a Comment