King Harbor, Redondo Beach California


While I was last living in America I was lucky enough to be invited by some friends at work to participate in "Beer Can" races. These are casual week-night sail boat races put on by local Yatch clubs. The races are split into different catagories and each group will race around a different set of buoys (beer cans) and the first one back wins. My friends were part of the Redondo Beach Yatch Club which is located in King Harbor in Redondo Beach California (shown above).


I was crew on a 26 foot Excalibur cruiser named My Crystal. I was alway on the boat so I don't have any action shots of it. We usually raced in the non-spinnaker class and, once the boat owner bought new sails, we were very competative. Our boat was similar to our competition shown here.


Sailing is very peaceful and I enjoyed racing very much. Someday it would be nice to own a boat but while the boat itself might be inexpensive the slip and maintenance can be quite costly. One is rewarded, however, with views such as the two above. Wonderful...


Wednesday, October 31, 2007

0 comments:

Post a Comment