Getting ready for Thailand




I only have another week and a half of work and then I head off to Thailand for vacation. In preparation I though I might post a few shots from my last trip. This is Bangkok who's real name is actually (ready?):

Krung Thep Maha Nakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayutthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udom Ratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Phiman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanu Kamprasit

which means:

The city of angels, the great city, the eternal jewel city, the impregnable city of God Indra, the grand capital of the world endowed with nine precious gems, the happy city, abounding in an enormous Royal Palace that resembles the heavenly abode where reigns the reincarnated god, a city given by Indra and built by Vishnukam

So, much like my home town of Los Angeles, it is the City of Angles. Naturally this info was taken from Wikipedia! This photos shows the great contrasts found all throughout Thailand. Here we see huge sky scrappers next to run-down vendor shacks next to a burnt out building. From rich to poor to abandoned. It is a very interesting place.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

0 comments:

Post a Comment