Dartmoor Ponys





So these guys run free across Dartmoor National Park in Devon. They are a specific breed and have been in the area for many years. Wikipedia naturally has more information here.

I passed several herds and actually left the park not having stopped to photograph any. I was looking for a pre-historic monument and decided to go back and search again. The monument was never found but I did park near a group of these ponys to look over the map. They were extreamly friendly with several of them coming up to me and my motorcycle to give us a closer inspection. The one in the bottom photo actually tried to eat my real indicator! Another tried to get a tast of my map, my riding jacket, and my arm! He didn't bite really hard, it was more of a nibble.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

0 comments:

Post a Comment