My Favorite Places

  1. Bangkok and Chaing Mai, Thailand


  2. What can really be said? Bangkok is a magnificent city that honestly never sleeps. Yummy food, cheap shopping, wonderful weather, and more sin than any one person should experience, ever. On top of all that the Thai people are the most friendly I have ever come across. Bangkok truly has it all.



    Anyone visiting Thailand in Spring (April specifically) should not bother unless Chaing Mai and the celebration of Songkran are part of the plan. Thai New Year is celebrated throughout Thailand but nowhere like Chaing Mai. The old walled city is perfect for the week long water fight that is Songkran with huge stages pumping out horrible yet infectious music, one-way traffic jams, and plenty of places to get refreshments. And the combination of the warm Spring weather (i.e., little clothing) and the water fights make Songkran an obligatory wet T-shirt contest for everyone involved! Forget April, if you want to say you have visited Thailand at all, this massive party is an absolute must.



  3. Scotland, United Kindom


  4. Beautiful rolling countrysides in the Lowlands and impressive Lochs and Mountains in the Highlands. Riding through the mountains north of Glasgow was a very tranquil experience and many of my favorite photos come from there. My ride to the Isle of Skye also produced many great photos while Loch Ness was a bit over rated. I was told by an Australian couple I met at the hostel in Inverness that the Isle of Skye is best visited over several days, as part of it's charm is it's rapidly changing weather.




    That can be said of most of Scotland which I found out the hard way by having to ride through 240 miles of pouring rain! But even John O'Groats (the east coast of northern Scotland really) is worth a look despite the unpredictable weather.

  5. Wales, United Kindom


  6. When I enterd Wales along the A44(?) I could sense that I was leaving England and heading into another country. The B&B where I stayed was very hospitable and located perfectly to wander through the hills of the Brecons Beacons (on my motorcycle naturally). From the wonderful rides through the low mountains to cruising along the coast at Swansea my Wales trip was truly enjoyable.




  7. California Deserts


  8. In my youth my family would spend quailty time on the Colorado River enjoying the warm sunshine in Summer and the lovely desert in the Winter. There was a boat, motorcyles and little else but it was always very enjoyable.


    We would also take our motorcycles to other places in the California deserts to enjoy different riding areas and terrain. Unfortunately things change and it has been years since I have last visited but it will always be a Top Destination for me...

  9. California Beaches
  10. There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home.


Tuesday, August 22, 2006

0 comments:

Post a Comment